Presence is MORE important than presents

Monday, March 13, 2006

This won't be a long post because it's late and I need to rest... I just feel like I needed to post this...

I attended Joycelyn's 21st birthday just yesterday, and it was quite fun. The bunch of us met up and just caught up with each other... again. I hope we helped to make her day... although I must admit I didn't really do all that much...

Now the thing which really caught my eye was the quote in Joycelyn's blog. It's in the title of this post. I can't help but feel that this quote is so true. I remember my 21st birthday and how fun it was, how truly blessed I felt, and how for the few times I can remember I was ecstatic. A lot of things have happened since then, but I really feel that this quote is very true. I never expected anything then because I knew it was the exam period (my birthday always falls on exam period). However, what I really really appreciate more than the gifts, are the people that make my life so meaningful. I know that people come and go in our lives, but I truly wished that all of us could remain friends forever and that the relationships that I have would not grow cold... sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I am very grateful to all of you who come into my life... I truly believe that God must have placed you in my life for a reason... and I thank you all for just being there, because your very presence make all the difference. Every time my birthday comes, what I truly want more than gifts and presents, is the presence of the people who mean the most to me... but I don't always get what I want... I understand that, because not everyone has all the time in the world for me... But I'm very sure that I'd be happier to have your company than to merely receive a present from you. That said, I'd of course be the happiest if they both came hand in hand! As long as it's not the case of neither...

Even if noone were there, I know You'd be, and I'm grateful for that, more than I could ever express. Thank you, Lord, for giving so much to me. I pray only that I would be able to do that which You want me to do, to NOT do that which You DON'T want me to do, and to keep looking at You through it all. Amen.

Posted by Gerald at 3/13/2006 03:09:00 AM