Word in season for motivation problem

Saturday, March 04, 2006

God is good. Just as I posted about perseverence, (see previous post) God spoke those exact same words to me in CG today. I am remembered that God loves me, in spite of what I am, He just loves me for me, not because of what I do. He encourages me and no matter what I face, I just smile when I'm in His presence.

This was one busy week (explains the sporadic infrequent posts). I have another tight one coming up, so I'm getting the rest I need wherever I can... God give me strength...

I look weird... been peeling all over the past few days after the 'lobsterfied' event last week. I hope it's healing well... I don't mind the sun really, but I'm just the kind of person that can't get a tan... I just burn, turn red, start peeling, and a few days later I'm white again...

I don't really have much to write, so I won't attempt to drag this too much. No pressing issues to blog about either, at least none that I can think of at this point. Except maybe the interesting discussion I had in the taxi today about how some people give yes and no answers, which may seem to be the type of answer that has no stand. I personally think that it depends on the question, since no matter what issue it is, there's always bound to be a counter-argument, with the exception of what's mentioned explicitly in the Bible (at least that's the case for me). I'd like to think that everytime I take any stand on any issue, I'd want it to be based on biblical principles... or if it's ambiguous, according to my own convictions. Despite what some people may think, I don't expect everyone to take my point of view on any issue which may arise, but I know that personally, I like the idea of moderation in any issue. Simply put, my stand will almost always be that too much of anything will be bad, so regardless of what the issue is, if it's in moderation, I don't really have a problem with it... However, that also depends on the situation, and since I'm not bringing any issue up, I'll leave it at that.

Posted by Gerald at 3/04/2006 02:40:00 AM