Of families, dinners and weddings

Monday, July 02, 2007

The past week or so has been rather hectic. Having a wedding is no joke, and I really underestimated the amount of preparation and time required to have everything running smoothly. My sister's been busy running everywhere making sure everything is perfect, and things haven't slowed down since. We went back to Sitiawan for a dinner on Saturday, rushed to Ipoh the next day for another dinner back there, then came back to KL this morning, only to see my sister and her 'husband' (well, technically not yet, but about there) rush off to meet some people to finalise some details for the actual wedding this coming weekend.

Me? I finally got my hands on a computer with an internet connection.

I liked my suit. I think it was a good fit and a good price. Surprisingly, I managed to get one off the shelf even though my build don't really suit my height.

Of course, the shining jewel of the weekend was the beautiful bride. I've never seen my sister so 'dressed up' before. I read the newspapers this morning, and there was a photo of some Miss Chinese Cheongsam something... seriously wondered why my sister never bothered to join; She would've crushed the opposition. (Or maybe her not so strong grasp of mandarin kept her away).

The collection of 'Ang Pows' (thanks to all the generous attendees), turned out to be an interesting event in itself. I guess it's practical to count up the amount and pay off the restaurant that very night itself so that we don't carry the burden of having quite a bit of cash on us. Still, it's not everyday you see such a huge stack of 50s, even if it disappears into the restaurants' cash registers seconds later.

So far, it's only been preliminary. The final hurdle will come this Saturday, and it's going to be a VERY LONG day. It's her day, so we'll all try to make it great for her.

Oh, my turn will not be coming soon in the unforeseeable future.

Posted by Gerald at 7/02/2007 02:13:00 PM