Tragedy

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just when you though things can't get any worse, they just do. I rushed back the past few days to pay my last respects to my uncle. He passed on on Sunday morning. It was sudden; He was in a motorcycle accident. (Read a little about it here)

It was a sad occasion, and my aunt is simply devastated. My three cousins (aged 12, 9 and 7) lost their father and didn't even get to say goodbye. I helped out wherever I could, although it wasn't really much. I saw a lot of friends and family members who came to pay their last respects, and I realise that my uncle touched a lot of peoples' lives. I started thinking how short life is, and how I'd picture my own funeral. Life is fragile, and God can call us home at any time. I asked my sister if she'd prefer if she went first or her husband (to be), and like me, she'd rather her spouse go first... then he/she wouldn't have to bear the grief of losing someone so dear.

Thank you to those who came, to those who were concerned, and to those who expressed their condolences. Personally, I'm not too bad, but it pains me to see this happen. I wouldn't say I'm perfectly fine, but when you are already near rock bottom, it's just 'another sad thing' to think about.

Posted by Gerald at 2/22/2006 01:49:00 AM