Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sometimes you wonder if whatever you're doing is what you SHOULD be doing... Or maybe you ponder about why life seems surreal at times, almost like a dream, yet you know you're not dreaming. Life constantly bombards you with situations which are usually bittersweet... You may be unhappy about diffcult circumstances, yet pleased that you can face it and overcome it. You can be happy that things are going well, but also worry that perhaps they are going TOO well... Or maybe the REAL answer is that some people just think too much when they shouldn't; People like me.

Logic is my main mode of operation. I usually reason everything out; every situation, every dilemma, every option, every path, every possible outcome... and I choose which is 'logically' the best. I say USUALLY because there are definitely times I do things which are irrational... but that's besides the point. Whenever I get into a rut, I like to analyse, think, reason out... Why am I down? Why am I in this situation? What's the problem? How do I solve the problem? Is it just me or is it because of external factors? And sometimes it gets really tiring, because I tend to spend quite a substantial amount of time thinking about things instead of doing anything. Of course, by thinking rationally and reasoning logically... I do it not based on my experience alone, but also from my understanding of God's word. Is it wrong? Isn't it appropriate to stop and think about what you're doing or are going to do? Where do you draw the line? You definitely can't spend years thinking over an issue, but you don't want to do something without thinking it through thoroughly either...

Thank goodness God is good and He gives His children wisdom which enables us to make decisions that are for our own good. Wisdom is something I pray for every day. Wisdom to study, to know what to say, when to say it, how to say it, wisdom in actions, wisdom in making decisions. And I really thank God for His many blessings in this area.

So, is there something bothering me? Yes and no. Yes, I think it's affecting me, but I'm going to constantly focus on the revelation I got... to continue to be a blessing, and as long as I keep that in front of me, I can smile no matter what happens.

Does anything mentioned above make sense? Probably not. Guess I'll just have to trust God and keep on keeping on...

Posted by Gerald at 11/02/2005 09:02:00 PM