Back to grinding

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yes, it's that time of the year again where everything becomes routine... wake up, study, lunch, study, tea, study, dinner, study etc. You catch the drift. That's the theory, but the practical won't quite materialise until probably next week. I have been able to go through the important ones though. Got a test on Saturday and I have only one more chapter to go. I also need to buck up a little bit on my Operating Systems assignment. The framework is there, but the debugging might kill, so I have to get everything done soon.

As students we have not much of a choice except to study hard and get the results that we should be getting. It's sad if some people lose their focus in university, doing a lot of things which although benneficial, aren't quite what God wants them to do... or anyone else for that matter. Sure, it is important to do more than just study in university, but I don't think we were meant to do all those at the expense of our results. No, not everyone is expected to be Dean's listers, but I think we ought to do the best we can based on our abilities. We should still aim high though...

I won't post much anymore because I should be concentrating more on studying. Occasionally I might post a thing or two to destress and get my mind off my books... but otherwise, I think it might be wise not to be too engrossed in writing about any issue at this point, except maybe to practice on my Chinese essay or something...

Posted by Gerald at 4/06/2006 04:22:00 PM