Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Well, I went for my scholarship interview today. It was pretty interesting. I really didn't know what to expect. The interview went smoothly IMHO. Initially I was a little intimidated; largely because I haven't had a formal interview before, but when I stepped into the room, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was only ONE interviewer. That calmed me down a lot! I took a seat, and it started from there. The interview was supposed to be 10 minutes, but I took longer than that. We had a talk about my background, why I choose to come to Singapore and my plans. I guess I was just truthful and said what I felt. I certainly hope that wasn't a wrong decision...

After the warm ups, I was pretty much on full swing. It was really nice talking to the interviewer. He asked a lot of questions which got me thinking. That was a nice change, I suppose. Furthermore, I found out that he was from Malaysia. I caught a small hint that he could possibly be wondering whether or not to give me the scholarship on the basis on whether I was likely to stay and work in Singapore. I didn't really say no, but I didn't quite agree to that either. Most likely, it'll be a wait and see, and I'm pretty fine with that.

After the interview, I went home, changed and headed straight for dance. Everyone thought I woke up late. >.< I really didn't, so don't give me any sarcastic "good morning, Gerald's." Dance was interesting though. I like the last dance, it's really cute. It's the finale one so I expect it to be somewhat jumpy and happy. Overall, it was pretty fun.

I guess this holidays are really for catching up on work. I've been studying too, got a test tomorrow. All the best to me I guess. Ok, I think I'll go back to work. And I got some feedback about my blog, may make some changes in time to come. Guess it got kinda boring anyhow. A new layout would be good. And no, I do NOT intend to get a flash one... takes too long to load.

Posted by Gerald at 9/21/2004 06:47:00 PM