Sunday, September 26, 2004

I'm pretty excited. I think I finally got the answer to my previous post. Here's where I got it from.

2 Tim 2:14-26

The two main points which stood out for me was this:
1) 'But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.' (v23) In the NIV version it says, 'Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. ' I suppose this one really hit home hard. This basically means that my like for being argumentative isn't really something biblical. God help me to change that! I'll try, to overcome it, but again, I don't think it'll come just like that overnight. Support from everyone could help too.

2) 'And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to knowledge of truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.' (v24-26) Now in this verse(s), the main point which stood out to me is v25. Back to my previous post, the main point is being tactful I believe. I admit, I think based on my previous post, and my own evaluation, this is something I need to work a lot on. So like in the previous point, I'll do my best to overcome it, and God willing and with everyone's support, I certainly can and will.

I'm really encouraged by this passage. Today's sermon helped as well. To live in God's abundance, we have to do four things.

1) RENEW my mind Rom 12:2
2) Mix the Word with FAITH Heb 4:2
3) ACT on God's spoken Word Deut 8:1-3 (this point in particular)
4) Put Jesus FIRST in my life Prov 3:9-10

Really praise God for this! Amen!

Posted by Gerald at 9/26/2004 01:48:00 PM