A Lifestyle Pleasing to You

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sometimes, it's difficult trying to live a life that pleases God. If you stop to think about it, what kind of a life is that? My mindset has changed and is different now, but there are still remnants of the old mindset which are a little harder to change. Some of my more 'traditional' thinking isn't quite as relevant now, but perhaps some of the newer, more 'liberal' thinking has gone overboard.

The key I suppose is balance. I'm trying hard to live the kind of life that is still pleasing to God, that would bring glory to His name, but yet be relevant to society. The principle seems to be "be identifiable but not blindly indulgent" in contemporary culture. Still I sometimes question the kind of thinking I have.

In any case, I don't want to go into an extended debate on this issue. Let's just say that as I mature more and more in Christ, I hope to be able to arrive at a place where my thinking is totally conformed to the mind of Christ, or at least to a very great extent.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 11/17/2007 02:46:00 AM