Sunday, November 21, 2004

It's been a long absence... Right in the middle of my exams, so taking the opportunity to just write a bit. So far, I've taken 2 exams and they weren't particularly good... although not particularly that bad either... I think...

Today's message by Ps Kong was REALLY GOOD. Faith is important... and here're some practical things to do to achieve the vision God has birthed in you... Have the faith to believe they will happen. Here's how.

1) Desire
Before we see the miracles of God, we need to have a vision!
We need to know EXACTLY what we want.

2) Decision
The presence of the Holy Spirit is important, but without the POWER of God, it won't change your heart, and you won't see the miracle.
Make a decision to go after your desire by FAITH!

3) Asking (Praying)
Asking is not just letting God know what you desire, but also being PERSISTANT in asking. Faith is a spirit, an attitude of not giving up.

4) Receiving
Receive the vision in your heart! Then and only then will it happen. From God's point of view, He has ALREADY given you that vision!

5) Speaking (Confessing)
Say it and say it again! This is not being flaky, neurotic or superstitious. Rather, it is saying it with FAITH, and confessing it over and OVER.
Confession is not the same as conversation. Confession is saying what God has spoken into your heart; confess your VISION!

6) Seeing
See it with the eyes of your heart and believe it BEFORE you see it with your physical eyes!

7) Acting
Faith is an action, so go out and take that step of faith instead of idly waiting for the vision to fall into your lap... it won't.

I've been really blessed by this message. This past 2-3 weeks have been good... trying hard to study, although admitedly I'm probably not as focussed on it as I should be. God help me study and do well for my exams.

I didn't post this to everyone, so I'll do it here. The remaining exams I have are as follows:
GEK1021 Crime Fiction in English and Chinese - 23 NOV 2004, 9 am
MA1505 Mathematics - 25 Nov 2004, 9 am

And this is my sister's timetable. She's in final year, so her stress level is much higher. God I pray that You give her peace of mind and a double portion of Your anointing for her to study and do well. Amen!

Modelling in Insurance and Finance II Thu 25 NOV 9:30 a.m. 3 hrs 15 mins
Actuarial Mathematics I Fri 26 NOV 2:15 p.m. 2 hrs 15 mins
Actuarial Mathematics II Tue 23 NOV 2:15 p.m. 2 hrs 15 mins

Love you sis!

Is there anything else? Oh yea, in preparing for my exam, I have to watch Infernal Affairs... Might have to crossreference it in my exam.

I think that's all I can write now. I'll try to go back to studying. Later!

Posted by Gerald at 11/21/2004 05:55:00 PM