Disappointment

Friday, December 12, 2008

It's sad that after so long, my first post isn't exactly a happy one...

Work is going fine really... but something was ignited inside of me, a holy dissatisfaction if you will, that got me quite stirred up.

The year is coming to an end, and it's almost Christmas, but no, I don't feel all warm and fuzzy. In fact, I'm a little apprehensive about the things to come, although I'm praying hard about the coming year.

The thing that's bugging me is this: How can you have faith in people when you're not accepted as you are by them?

How do you feel comfortable when your acceptance stems not from being yourself, but from being what others are comfortable with?

I know this is human nature, and I myself am guilty of this at times. I understand that people only accept you if they're comfortable with you and have things in common with you. I also understand that idiosyncrasies are hard to be comfortable with...

But this should NOT happen HERE.

I know, we shouldn't be looking for acceptance from man, but the least anyone would expect is the demonstration of God's acceptance no?

THIS is the problem! How can we expect others to feel comfortable when we aren't accepting? Do you even care? I know your mouths will tell me yes, but your actions tell me no. Most are to stuck in their own comfort zone, content with doing what is comfortable rather than what's right. Sure I could do the same, and I can admit that I've been tempted many many MANY times... but I still try to do what's RIGHT!

I can't really blame anyone, after all, I'm at fault too. But it doesn't mean I should feel happy or content about it.

Nobody said it was easy. Nobody said it was 'natural'. It's NOT. This is precisely WHY it's a sacrifice. It's also precisely why that's what God expects us to do. Unfortunately, most of us can't see past our own little circle of comfort to extend that genuine love we ought to have for others who may be different. Again, no, I'm not blaming anyone, but maybe, just MAYBE, someone will realize the same things I have, and stop giving the excuse that "I'm just not comfortable PERIOD" but instead take the "I'm not too comfortable but because I want to be the living proof of God's love, I'll TRY!"

If there was one thing I wished for this Christmas, it would be this...

Posted by Gerald at 12/12/2008 12:57:00 AM