Are you challenged?

Monday, September 03, 2007

Life has never been better! I know that in the past, I've blogged about feeling down, or unhappy, or not as excited about life. Well, this period of my life has been almost the exact opposite! I think I'm finally experiencing the breakthrough I've been looking for. Life is once again exciting and there's so much to look forward to when I get up each morning. Spiritually, I think I've finally broken through to a new level, and I've never been this close to God before. My studies are doing fine and so are the various things I'm involved in.

It's as I'm in this position that I realise God has brought me here for a reason. The past few days, the cell has been doing really well, and I'm quite happy for it. I'm very burdened by the fact that I myself personally didn't manage to contribute to the growth of the cell, although I do what I can to facilitate and help out with friends. As things are beginning to happen, I felt God leading me to a place where I have to step out of my comfort zone... and it's not easy.

I know that this 'stepping out of your comfort zone' phrase is overused that it can be cliched, but I've never felt it more consciously than now. I've always been thinking about being 'practical' and doing only what I THINK I can manage, but that's just an excuse I've been using to stay in my comfort zone, doing the same things I've been doing over and over, day in and day out. I'm very comfortable with routines, and although some excitement once in a while is expected, I've very much been stuck in a rut because I've never strayed too far from the routines in my life.

I've settled a lot of things in my life these past few weeks. Things have been going swell, and I'm pretty sure the excitement is oozing out of the words written here. It's excitement coupled with many things to think about. These decisions aren't very small decisions... they're decisions which have an impact in my life, and the lives of those around me.

I've really been crying out to God everyday, asking Him whether this is His plan for me. There have been times I've been doubtful, and rightfully so because what I "THINK" God is telling me must be tested, but there have also been times when He reassures me, telling me that He will be with me if I walk this path.

The bible tells us that God looks not at your talent, or your abilities, but at the willingness of your heart. It's sometimes not so easy to determine what His calling for you really is, which is why this is not an easy thing for me. However, I am able to say now, that I'm willing to go where He leads me. If it's this path that I must thread, then I will walk with Him, with the assurance that He will be with me all the way.

I can truly, honestly and wholeheartedly say, that I'm willing...

Being challenged like this is an experience in itself. It's serious, but I somehow have the assurance that He'll see me through this... and I'm liking this closeness to Him!

Lord, help me, I pray, to follow You, and to fulfill Your calling for my life! Lead me not to the left or to the right, but to stay focus on the narrow gate, and to bring me to the place where I know and I KNOW I'm walking in your will. Amen.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 9/03/2007 03:39:00 AM