Some interesting questions

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I was just thinking about the Emerge beauty pageant and manhunt... Some of the questions they posed are very interesting... Typical of beauty pageants, but it got me thinking as to how I'd answer if those questions were posed to me.

Question 1: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Answer: Quickness to obey. If I could be quick to obey what God tells me to do, I think life would be very easy to live. I'm trying my best, but then again, if I was already somewhere in this area, I doubt I'd need to try very hard. Change wouldn't be a big problem and I believe God will bring me very far.

Question 2: What is your most prized possession?
Answer: Although 99.99% of you would say something like 'your bible' (considering this was conducted in church no less) I would disagree. My most prized possession would be... my computer! The reason is simple; while you may have one bible as your most prized possession, with only ONE translation, I have the NKJV, and the NIV, and the New Living Translation, and the Good News Bible, and just about ANY translation there is out there. Furthermore, I have a full concordance, arguments on theology, apologetics and even sermons. It is my means of communication, where I can contact anyone in the world. It is the source of entertainment and information.
I love God's word, and I think the one thing that can provide that and more would be my most important possession.

Question 3: What is the first thing you'd do if you were elected president?
Answer: I'm not sure what I'd do if I were elected president of Singapore, but if I were in Malaysia, the first thing I'd do is make sure that NOONE is discriminated against because of their race, gender or religion. I'd abolish race based politics, race based social and education policies as well as ensure everyone gets an equal opportunity to excel in whatever area of the marketplace. Idealistic? Probably, but that doesn't mean I won't strive hard and fight for what I believe is right!

Question 4: What is the biggest problems youth face today?
Answer: This is a tough question. I don't really think there's any one biggest problem; they're all equally important. If I were to pick however, I'd say it's apathy. Apathy towards everything in life. I think youth in general are so negative that they don't seem to hold on to anything in life. They act as if nothing is worth pursuing, that life isn't worth living, that we're all doomed anyway, so why bother. They don't care about much things bigger than themselves, because they see no merit in pursuing it. They're lost, looking for hope, looking for someone to point them towards a direction so that they will have something to strive for, and if the church could only stand in that gap, revival would be here!

These were the few I remembered. Unfortunately, I left halfway through the Q&A, so I don't remember the rest. Still, it's quite an insight don't you think? Why not share your views?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 6/07/2007 02:19:00 AM