Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Another lapse in blogging. I'm more or less preparing to reformat my comp tomorrow, so I'm limiting my computer usage lest I accidentally delete something I shouldn't. I'm trying a clean install, so I hope it's ok. In any case, I'll be getting XP Pro for free from the uni tomorrow.

Latest news! My 3 day timetable has been dashed! I initially had only 3 days of lessons, but due to my heavy lab requirements (all of which are on Monday) I have to take a 4 day week. Well, on the bright side, at least I have a day off. The schedule's still pretty packed cos I freed up Tuesday. More sleeping time then!

Rhazz is coming up. The event's gonna be in UCC with performances by the cultural groups in hall, so I hope everything turns out ok. Practice has NOT started which is a worry since it's on the 22nd February at 7.30 in UCC. The band room is still used for JamX.

Speaking of JamX, it was pretty good. The junior band had some very inexperienced people. Some started off the year not being able to even hold the instrument. Out of sheer hard work they managed to pull off a decent performance of which I'm very proud of them considering the circumstances. In fact, I think that the progress has been quite excellent. The senior band however got into the finals as expected. They will be performing in Takashimaya Square on the 29th of Jan, which is why they need the band room. >.<

Also, I had the opportunity to attend King Edward VII's hall production. It was entitled Romeo Loves Juliet, a contemporary adaptation of the famous play by Shakespeare. The cast was bigger than ours and had many outstanding actors. I must say that their singing was definitely better than ours. I guess that was to be expected considering their cast was comprised of choir members. However, there wasn't much in terms of dance and tech had some MAJOR problems. All that aside, it was a pretty good show. I personally enjoyed it. Jiaen was involved in it as well (Low Jiaen that is....) My conclusion? It was good. Ours however, was better. ^_^

Totally into a new game... R.O.S.E. Online IT features some of the coolest graphics for an MMORPG today. Can't quite play it on my comp though, and I guess that could be a blessing... Addiction can be bad... ^_^ It's enjoyable even though I don't play all that much. At least you don't have to wait for at least 5 other people before starting the game like some other games I know... <_< I tried getting a good book too, but so far I haven't got the one I wanted yet. Hopefully it'll come in a day or two.

Ok, I've written a lot. Classes start at 8 tomorrow... which means an early night for me. Cya!

Posted by Gerald at 1/19/2005 01:50:00 AM