Vision revival

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I was reading about Elisha, and the Shunammite woman who made space for Him to come in and stay. It struck me in verse 28...

So she said, "Did I ask a son of my lord? Did I not say, 'Do not deceive me'?"

I find myself asking the same question. I didn't want any of this. I remembered clearly asking Him not to let me walk down this path if it's not meant to be. Yet, in the end, I find that whatever I thought was given by Him, just like her son, is dead. I really felt this was what I was going through. The thing is, the story doesn't end there...

He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched himself out on him; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes. And he called Gehazi and said, "Call this Shunammite woman." So he called her. And when she came in to him, he said, "Pick up your son." So she went in, fell at his feet, and bowed to the ground; then she picked up her son and went out. - 2 Kings 4:35 - 37

Perhaps the vision that has been given to me is dead. I can only stand and wait for God to revive it, as I seek Him and cry out to Him... Maybe the vision isn't meant to be revived now, I really don't know.

What I DO know, is that He will see me through...

Posted by Gerald at 4/24/2008 02:05:00 PM