Looking for...

Saturday, January 26, 2008

... open doors. Unfortunately, I'm thinking I don't have that kind of luxury...

It can get frustrating when you try to do your best in whatever area it is, but end up seeing what is seemingly a fruitless venture. It's tough when putting in your best effort, believing for SOME (even if it's small) success leads only to disappointment.

Hope has always been something everyone clings on to despite facing hardships, for without it we'd all wither, crumble and give in. How do you tell the difference between stubbornly refusing to let go of something which you probably should, from standing firm, persevering and riding the storm? It's a question I've asked many times.

I guess the closest I have to finding the answer, is knowing that if you follow God's directions, and the hope is from Him, then you should persevere until you breakthrough. Otherwise, you're just acting on your own strength and not standing by His words.

I believe in what He says, not that everything will definitely turn out smoothly just because He revealed His word to me, but that in the end, this is the path He has asked me to walk... and I will walk it to the best of my ability, relying on His strength and direction every step of the way.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 1/26/2008 01:33:00 AM