The Meeting

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Met with Patrick. Talked about some stuff.

Short story: Focus on ministry now, everything else is secondary.

Long story: Apparently finding my place in ministry is different. I was taught that one has to try out a ministry before one can know if that's where they're called. Apparently for me that's not the case. I ought to already KNOW where I want to serve and what God's call is in my life and focus on it FIRST. I never thought about music ministry until he brought it up. It had some interesting possibilities, but I needed to know where God's calling for my life was first. In any case, that's what I'll be looking to do in the next month.

I've grown over the past year, and although it's not in great leaps and bounds, I'm quite happy that I've managed to grow spiritually these past few months. Apparently, it's not enough, but I'm still going spend more time with God. This month will be a time where I seriously ask Him to reveal to me a few things.

1) A vision and/or calling for my life.
2) How to walk closer to Him.
3) How to grow even more spiritually, faster by having more breakthroughs.

These aren't easy to come by, and I need it. It's not like I don't KNOW that I need these, I KNOW! I just don't know how to go about finding it, and how to distinguish that which is from God and that which isn't. There has to be a conviction on top of the decision, and I've made many decisions, and tried following them up with convictions, only to be told they were wrong in the first place. Where can you draw the line between conviction and stubbornness? It's a difficult question to answer really...

In any case, I really pray for God's wisdom and direction. I'm trying my best to seek Him, to learn what He has to say to me... and I pray that I'll find what I'm looking for these few weeks.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 12/11/2007 05:40:00 PM