Christmas

Friday, December 28, 2007

I haven't blogged about my Christmas so here's a little something.

I must say it was quite nice spending it with the family. I don't really see them all that much, so I think it's very nice that I could spend some time with them. Christmas was a simple occasion for us. We went for service, which was actually really good, and then had a simple lunch, in preparation for a heavy dinner. The turkey was humongous, and we couldn't even finish half of it.

I learned that my sister and brother in law cook quite well. I also learned that the things they cook were very simple and didn't require as much preparations as the usual Chinese cuisine my mother is used to making. It's amazing what a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar can do to make cooking so easy. I guess I should learn a bit more. Bad thing about staying in hostels is that you never actually get a full kitchen to experiment.

In any case, although I didn't get any presents, which I'm actually perfectly fine with, it was a really swell Christmas for me. Let's not forget that Christmas isn't just about celebrating, drinking, christmas trees and lights, but always about loving, giving and sharing!

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 12/28/2007 05:35:00 PM