Passion for Visions

Friday, October 12, 2007

The past weekend was very exciting, with a lot of things being shared about the church vision. I think it's pretty amazing the amount of things that are being done in church. The various efforts by the different ministries in church are truly astounding. It's not just about the amount of money we use to help the community and all the people around, it's also the amount of EFFORT put in by the various members which really got me thinking.

Today's combine CG was really good, and pastor really shared his heart out. I was just thinking about this issue when he brought it up in his sharing. He didn't say anything about finances, which is what I guess we were expecting to hear with building fund around the corner. Instead, he talked about making a decision to serve and to be a participant in God's purpose for the church and for ourselves. It was short but very powerful.

I really felt that I was starting to be too comfortable where I am. I really ought to start considering doing more. It's not that I'm looking for things to 'fill up my time', but more of I really want to do more for God and to be in His service in any way possible.

I'm not really sure how yet, but I DO believe in doing whatever I can, whenever I can.

Hopefully, I'll start walking more and more towards the purpose He's called me to.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Posted by Gerald at 10/12/2007 02:01:00 AM